Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP)
The purpose of SOEP is to:
- Provide students with access to online learning regardless of where students attend school.
- Provide high quality learning options for students regardless of language, residence, family income, or special needs.
- Provide online learning options to allow students to acquire the knowledge and technology skills necessary in a digital world.
- Utilize the power and scalability of technology to customize education so that students may learn in their own style preference and at their own pace.
- Utilize technology to remove the constraints of traditional classroom learning, allowing students to access learning virtually at any time, and in any place, and give students the flexibility to take advantage of their peak learning time.
- Provide personalized learning where students can spend as little or as much time as they need to master the material.
- Provide greater access to self-paced programs enabling high-achieving students to accelerate academically, while struggling students may have additional time and help to gain competency.
- Allow students to customize their schedule to better meet their academic goals.
- Provide quality learning options to better prepare students for post-secondary education and vocational or career opportunities.
- Allow students to have an individualized educational experience.
Students and Parents Eligibility
Students are eligible to earn high school credit through SOEP if they:
- are enrolled in a public school in Utah, or
- attend a private school or home school in Utah and have a custodial parent or guardian who is a resident of Utah.
Students may enroll in up to 6.0 credits of online courses. Courses taken online reduce the number of courses taken at the student�s Primary School of Enrollment, unless the student has a Student Education Occupation Plan (SEOP) for early graduation, which will allow the student to exceed full-time enrollment
Click here to find more information and how to enroll in the SOEP.